HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/16/2014 12:48 PM

Hi, All

A friend gave me a series of PDFs that outline the Mittleider Method.  It seems like it emphasizes no weeds, even sterilizing the ground before-hand.

Anyone have previous experience with it?

New Post
4/16/2014 2:01 PM

sounds like nothing more than open field hydroponics

Sean

New Post
4/16/2014 3:10 PM

Mittleider is chemical farming. Plants are grown in sawdust. They do not consider the earth to be alive. In this method they emphasize a relatively few plant nutrients that "only they can provide". So you buy their special concoctions. Not only is it chemical Ag... It is also expensive.

Annie M

New Post
4/16/2014 4:04 PM

@Sean - long time no see, sorry we had to miss your tour, and I did a very little poking around online as I hadn't heard about this "method" before and I didn't see the connection between it and the hydroponic model. I must have missed something.
@Annie - that's good to know, if they start with a bad assumption then the whole system is flawed even if it works for a period of time. AND, I agree with the whole having to continue to buy "product" to "sustain" your garden. Input is one thing, dependency is quite another.

Overall, interesting - thank you Jeremey!

Sean

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org