HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Above ground pools for irrigation waterAbove ground pools for irrigation water
Previous

Next
New Post
5/5/2016 11:40 AM

I have been researching this topic over the past winter as a less expensive means of getting 1000's of gallons of water stored for irrigation. Typically, you can get capacity for about $.10 a gallon or less with used pools and capacities of 7k to 15k gallons, or more. They are used a lot in Hawaii for storing rainwater. I am looking at the obvious issues of manufacturing materials, chemical contamination from the materials, etc. Most pools come with support structure, pumps, filters and covers. When used for irrigation, the water will not be standing in the pool for long and will can be replenished from my well on a timer during the wee hours of the morning. I am wondering if anyone reading this has researched it as well or, hopefully, is actually trying this. Thoughts? Thanks.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Above ground pools for irrigation waterAbove ground pools for irrigation water

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org