As an Unregistered User you will not be able to participate in the Spokane online community
by adding articles or calendar events, commenting, posting on the forum or receiving newsletters and notifications.

HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/16/2014 12:48 PM

Hi, All

A friend gave me a series of PDFs that outline the Mittleider Method.  It seems like it emphasizes no weeds, even sterilizing the ground before-hand.

Anyone have previous experience with it?

New Post
4/16/2014 2:01 PM

sounds like nothing more than open field hydroponics

Sean

New Post
4/16/2014 3:10 PM

Mittleider is chemical farming. Plants are grown in sawdust. They do not consider the earth to be alive. In this method they emphasize a relatively few plant nutrients that "only they can provide". So you buy their special concoctions. Not only is it chemical Ag... It is also expensive.

Annie M

New Post
4/16/2014 4:04 PM

@Sean - long time no see, sorry we had to miss your tour, and I did a very little poking around online as I hadn't heard about this "method" before and I didn't see the connection between it and the hydroponic model. I must have missed something.
@Annie - that's good to know, if they start with a bad assumption then the whole system is flawed even if it works for a period of time. AND, I agree with the whole having to continue to buy "product" to "sustain" your garden. Input is one thing, dependency is quite another.

Overall, interesting - thank you Jeremey!

Sean

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?Anyone know good/bad about the Mittleider Method?

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org