HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Local NurseriesLocal Nurseries
Previous

Next
New Post
4/7/2014 2:42 PM

Local Nurseries  (United States)

Due to some delays in access to our land, I am just now putting together a nursery order. I was going to try to sneak in a last minute mail order, but the nurseries I wanted to use are running out of stock. Can anybody recommend some good local nurseries? I'm looking for a few varieties of apples, filberts, chestnuts, and berries. 

New Post
4/7/2014 3:17 PM

Re: Local Nurseries  (United States)
It seems Burnt Ridge still has what you need.  https://www.burntridgenursery.com 

New Post
4/8/2014 10:34 PM

Re: Local Nurseries  (United States)

You're right, they look like a winner. I found a couple nurseries on the West side, one in California and one in New York that carry what I want. I've decided that quality is more important to me than buying local for this stuff. Western Washington is local enough anyways. I talk to nurseries who can tell me all about each variety, their parentage, disease resistance, hardiness, etc. Then I talked to a local nursery that could only tell me that they carry filberts. I haven't even been able to find a local nursery that grows their own stuff. They're mostly just retailers.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Local NurseriesLocal Nurseries

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org