HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Seed swapSeed swap
Previous

Next
New Post
11/30/2015 8:51 AM

Seed swap  (United States)
Anybody up for a late-January or mid-February seed swap? I have some interest already and will be putting together a small group to organize it. Leave a quick comment if you like the idea. Thanks.

New Post
11/30/2015 9:29 AM

Re: Seed swap  (United States)

We would love that. Count us in!

New Post
11/30/2015 11:23 AM

I'm interested, especially if it is held on a Sunday afternoon. I have another activity going the middle of January, so maybe the 4th Sunday?

New Post
1/12/2016 10:36 PM

I have some black locust seeds that I collected last spring and some hackberry and redbud seeds from Akiva Silver of Twisted Tree Farm I will share with anyone who wants some. I also have hybrid chestnut seeds I obtained from Grant Schultz of New Farm Supply. (check out his website.) Per the site: New Farm Supply is a regenerative enterprise supplying the select genetics for optimal agroforestry. They work closely with Versaland to test, source, grow, and experiment to provide quality seed, plants and tools. Pssst. use code VERSALAND at checkout for 20% off all orders over $200. That gets you a $200 order for only $160! I bought 5 lbs so there will be plenty. These puppies were expensive so I will charge $2.00 per seed so I can recoup some of my costs. I just checked his website and all his chestnut varieties have already sold out. The nuts are being stored in the barn so will get the required chill hours to be able to be planted this year.

They are Sleeping Giant Hybrid Chestnut NUTS (American x Japanese x Chinese).

These are resistant to blight and, per Grant,they are the "Best-of-the-best, period. American x Japanese x Chinese is a high-yielding, blight resistant tree that produces both timber-quality wood and the highest of quality nuts"

Average 40 nuts per pound These nuts are collected directly from a Sleeping Giant tree, and seedlings are considered true-to-type.

The mast of these trees feed entire cultures. From Thanksgiving stuffing, to gluten-free flour, to autumn hog feed, chestnuts are the base of perennial culture.

All our trees are grown from selected variety parentage, giving optimum balance of yield, genetic diversity, and precocity.

Recommended in USDA Zones 3-8

Annie M

New Post
1/13/2016 8:08 AM

Hope you bring them to the seed sway on Feb. 20 from 12:30 - 5pm at the Community Building across from Main Market in town. Hope to see you there.

New Post
1/13/2016 11:04 AM

Hi Andrea,

This is our year of the Nuts so we would be thrilled to buy some. Thanks for making it possible.

m

New Post
1/17/2016 12:49 AM

I'll be there. Do you need any tables or chairs? I have at least one 8 ft table. I have some grocery bags I can donate.

Annie M

New Post
1/17/2016 12:50 AM

I'll be there. Do you need any tables or chairs? I have at least one 8 ft table. I have some grocery bags I can donate.

Annie M

New Post
1/17/2016 10:18 AM

We are still trying to find out if the Community Bldg will supply tables but yes, bring your table. If you leave before us, I will get the table back to you. On an unrelated note, does anyone have any honey locust tree seeds? See you all there.

New Post
1/19/2016 3:23 AM

I will bring black locust, honeylocust, redbud, hackberry and chestnut seeds.  Oh...and my table.

Annie M

New Post
1/19/2016 7:00 AM

If anyone is interested, I will be bringing some harlequin tsunami CBD plant seeds.

New Post
2/4/2016 12:01 PM

Just a reminder of the seed sway on Feb. 20 from 12:30-5pm at the Community Bldg on Main across from Main Market. Tables will be available for a suggested donation of $10. All proceeds go to the Spokane Edible Tree Project. For more information visit the INPG site at:
http://www.inlandnorthwestpermaculture.com/content/2016-winter-community-seed-swap

New Post
2/17/2016 11:06 AM

Just three more days until the BIG INPG seed swap at the Community Building across from Main Market on Feb. 20 from 12:30-5. Contact me there if you need a table or want to share a table with someone. $10 suggested donation for the tables.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Seed swapSeed swap

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org