HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Learn how to make wattle fencingLearn how to make wattle fencing
Previous

Next
New Post
5/2/2015 6:18 PM

This is a preliminary survey to see if there are enough permies interested in learning how to construct wattle fencing around our new orchard/berry patch/vineyard using willow branches on a pine/fir post frame. I need 250' (76m) of fencing. I just finished encircling our new growing area with 6 rows of baling twine reinforced with vertical ties. I want to learn how to make wattle fencing and this is a perfect opportunity. I imagine a dozen people max to weave willow branches around the perimeter of this orchard. I am thinking of a work party starting around 2 and ending around 5pm on a Sunday(?) after which we would all sit down to a potluck dinner. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you would need to bring a dish for dinner. We would cook a turkey or a tofu turk........forget that. We should be able to install a 6' tall, open weave wattle fence in that time. I would then fill it in over the summer. What do you all think? Anyone interested? Suggestions for months/days/times? Thanks.

New Post
5/3/2015 2:26 AM

I'm in. Just let me know when to be there and if you need any tools. I'm available some weekday afternoons and most weekends so I can be there when you schedule the "party".
Annie

Annie M

New Post
5/6/2015 1:30 PM

The workshop is scheduled for Sunday, June 7 from 2pm to 5pm followed by dinner. There are 11 openings. Hope you sign up. You can email me at foote.thom@gmail.com or call at 509-808-3876.

New Post
5/8/2015 4:15 PM

This sounds like fun and looks really cool. I don't think I can make it, but it would be great to watch a video of you guys making the fence. Maybe you can post it on the website?
Thanks
Roseanne Laan

New Post
5/8/2015 4:42 PM

It may take a while that's a good idea.

New Post
6/3/2015 8:53 AM

Unfortunately I have to cancel this workshop on Sunday, June 7. There is just too much to do right now to take on this task. I will be offering it again later in the summer. On a related note, all of us permies need to get together for either another meeting/work party or just a potluck party. My apologies to those who signed up for the workshop. Of course, visitors are always welcome to drop in to Footehills Farm here in Colbert.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePermaculture in...Permaculture in...Spokane Permacu...Spokane Permacu...Learn how to make wattle fencingLearn how to make wattle fencing

If you have any questions, comments or problems please contact us at
Support@SpokanePermaculture.org